- 12 ounces fettuccine or other pasta
- 2 cup frozen petite peas (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh chopped chives
- 6 TBSP. finely grated lemon peel
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into slivers
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Add peas; cook 30 seconds.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta and peas to same pot.
- Add cream, chives, lemon juice, and lemon peel to pasta. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if pasta is fry, about 1 minute. Mix in prosciutto; season to taste with slat and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl.
NOTE: Quantities in recipe didn’t quite work, so play around with them until right. When I tried it there was far too much cream and chives. Basically, go with your gut on how much of each to put in.
NOTE 2: Even though it says to add the prosciutto at the end, I actually threw it in the hot pan first for a minute to render a little of the fat into it and slightly cook the meat, then tossed the naked pasta with that before adding the other ingredients.
yield: 4 servings
time: 20 minutes
source: The Bon Appetit Cookbook, pp.203-4